Sign Up for a Trial
To apply for a study, you first need to find one. Follow the steps shown here if you are unsure how to sign up for a trial.
If you are at the correct study profile page, there will be a large blue Sign up now button displayed in "Interested in participating?" card at the right-hand side; Or, if you choose a trial that takes places in multiple locations in your area, there will be a Choose a location button instead.
In the application process, you will be asked to complete 4 sections:
- Verify Eligibility
- At the top, separated into boxes, are the basic qualifications. This includes the current status of this trial (make sure the one you're applying for is recruiting), biological sex and age.
- Next, scroll down and click on Show me more details.
- Read carefully about all details for the study, especially 2 categories of criteria:
- "Inclusion criteria" is a bulleted list of conditions that must be met in order for a patient to be considered eligible for the trial.
- "Exclusion criteria" is a bulleted list of conditions that cannot be met in order for a patient to be considered eligible for the trial.
- Select Location (if needed)
- As mentioned before, click on Choose a location button and you get a list of site options provided by the organization running the trial. Here you can choose from all locations where the trial is being held and currently recruiting.
- Click Choose button to decide whichever location suits you best, as this is where you will be expected to go to per the terms of the trial.
- Prescreening Test (if needed)
- Click on the Sign up now button if you have chosen the most suitable location for you.
- Verify that your contact information displayed matches with your profile.
- Click Next →.
- Answer whatever question that pops up with cautious and as close as to the fact. Feel free to click on ← Back if you would like to go back to previous step.
- You're almost done!
- Just hit the Submit button if you believe everything is in order.
- You should be able to see a pop up window displaying "You're pre-qualified to participate in this study" detailing the next steps in staying notified on the process of your application.
- Otherwise, there would be a pop up window displaying "Unfortunately, you weren't qualified due to the following criteria", along with other similar studies in your area.